Ahzz AI

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Ahzz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ahzz » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:12 am

Zalamander
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zalamander » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:05 am

[quote name='Ahzz' post='1340' date='Jul 30 2007, 09:12 AM']in fact i dont think you'd even want it. the thing is, they take every unit back before it has hardly even taken damage, and they walk all the way to the base and hardly even attack anymore as the attack is probably over, and they wont come back untill they're at decent hp. they'll retreat even if they'd win the battle. and thats just stupid. but if you insist, adding shield batteries to protoss will make even zealots 'dance'[/quote]

Don't know if its related but the war3 AI had same problem, it took entire army home to base and turned between every attack didnt matter if it was fleeing or winning and in this game specifically that mae the comps reactions very slow since there was always a pause time when going home between every attack.
However we solved it somehow since we figured the AI was controled by invisible units called captains, a defencive captain and a offencive captain. Offencive ofc controled where it was going to attack and we saw that it was back at base after every attack so we managed to make the script force the offencive captain to the next real target at once after every attack instead. And took care of hurt hunits with the script manualy instead. I however sadly know you can't do anything like this in starcraft script most likely but I wonder if the AI is controled the same way or maybe not a tall since it doesnt seem to have any proper retreat control like the war3 AI.
Ahzz

Postby Ahzz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:09 pm

yeah it doesnt work the same way.
Icehawk406

Postby Icehawk406 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:43 am

Hi, I'm new here and have downloaded this version. I'm really impressed by this script, but the problem is that it keeps crashing on me maybe within and around 30 mins into the game. I know at the top it said it didn't work for 3v3, but I thought that problem was fixed. I play 4 v 4 with 7 comps and I get this problem. Sorry if this script is old and people have moved on, but is there any fix for this? Thanks if anyone can help.
Icehawk406

Postby Icehawk406 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:35 am

Hi, and thanks for the fast reply. It happens regardless of the race I play. I've tried playing on several of the 4v4 maps included in the game and a couple of the extra-money maps like a bigger version of BGH, just for fun. Your theory about needing more space might be true as I guess around 30 mins in, it might not have enough space to continue building, but I can't be sure.

I look forward if someone can help me. I've played the BWAI 3.1 series and loved those variants and just wandered onto this variant. Really good, but just having some stability issues
with it. Again, thanks for the help.
herd

Postby herd » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:14 pm

When I try to play custom game I get error "error while loading pListMap2.pcx" but I have the file. Whats wrong
Kryose

Postby Kryose » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:27 pm

I just got back into playing Starcraft after watching the english commentated gomtv starcraft games. I downloaded the latest version of AHZZ AI that I could find, but either it doesn't like Vista, or something else needs to be done to get it to work.

When I try to run it, right away it says Starcraft has experienced errors and needs to shut down. I do not have Starcraft running when I try to open up the ahzz program.

I was wondering if this is an issue with Vista, or if I am forgetting something else. When reading through this thread, I got the notion that starcraft needs to be cracked in some way for this to work. Is this the case?

I am running the vanilla version of Brood Wars (updated of course).

Any help would be great,
Thanks!

:EDIT:

I just found thread, but it does not mention if ahzz is one of the mods that cannot run under Vista. If it is, what mod can I try in place of ahzz. I was told it was the best with all races and combinations taken into account. Is there a more recent one for Vista that does generally the same?

Again, Thanks!
ashara

Postby ashara » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:14 pm

If you've got a "data execution prevention" error with vista, you might want to go there
and disable it, I hope it helps :)

Return to “StarCraft Modding”