COUNTERZERG - an ai by avance70

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
avance70
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby avance70 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:35 am

ok ive decided to start from the scratch. the 3hatch before pool and 9hatch are all interesting ideas - especially for an ai vs ai match. but, nowadays, you dont see any build order other than 12hatch(exp) 11pool 13hatch, from the pro players. and thats what im gonna focus to.

my main goals now are:
-be able to defend an early zealot pressure attack
-be able to defend against 8rax terran rush
and
-counter a fast tech oponnent

all are quite tricky, especially if played by a human

the main problems are:
-the drone that makes the exp hatch doesnt go from the main base until there are 300 minerals, this wastes the most precious time in the beginning of the game, even though its a matter of seconds
-certain map problems: for example the 12 position in lost temple the enemy can attack both main and exp since the sunken(s) from either base cant reach the cliff passage
-there isnt any script that can be used to determine if the ai is attacked or the enemy army is only for defense

if you have any suggestions, plz share!

and my other expectation is, if i solve the initial problems, i will have a stronger (2 base) economy that could be used to overcome any 2 cpu any time.
we'll talk more when i have a working script, which will be in a few days... ill have to time the initial build order as best the scripts allow me!
avance70
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby avance70 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:14 pm

[quote name='bajadulce' post='990' date='Jun 20 2007, 05:45 PM']The second one is not possible[/quote]

thats what i thought :(
NiX

Postby NiX » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:33 pm

Wow finally a promising zerg AI! I'll try it out as soon as I have the time.
avance70

Postby avance70 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:35 pm

is there a way to order the ai to send all its troops to an expansion (for defense)?
Ahzz

Postby Ahzz » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:22 am

I strongly believe the x means how much they'll use/build them as def compared to others. Maybe.

I have the itch that if you make it have bigger x, it'll send more units for def.
avance70

Postby avance70 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:05 am

i kept trying but those zergs in main are just sitting there :(
though sometimes they do get triggered (and i have no idea why!) and come to defend the expansion...
avance70

Postby avance70 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:26 pm

New Update!

this one kicks ;)

this one uses the 12 hatch build order and takes an expansion right away, so its a great economy for swarming...
ive tried using lurkers, but, my god does the computer use them badly!
avance70

Postby avance70 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:50 pm

unfortunately, with the 12hatch build order i think any proxy gate rush or bunker rush by an average player will kill my AI.
the reason is, if you look the pro replays, that even the best of the best zerg players have trouble defending against those. and a lot of micro is required.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”