COUNTERZERG - an ai by avance70

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Zalamander
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zalamander » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:46 pm

ooooh is this some new AI I forgot to try, been a bit away lately, gonna have a fun evening I can see already. :)
Zalamander
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zalamander » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:50 pm

Wow this one was pretty impressive.
however I think it's not that much to brag about to take on 3 zergs instead of one if its just comps and on a 4 player map its almost the same as taking on one but its instead 3 that share the same amount of resources and it almost makes it just as easy to defend against still, at least in most cases I have seen. I havent seen this yet however so Im not sure how you do it.
Im mainly talking about how it is as protoss or terran on Lost Temple in most cases, just turtle at ramp then it doesnt matter if it 1 or 3 zerg comps, you will win.

I'll definitly try this one out some more and post some reps I guess when I got the energy. :)
stjerna

Postby stjerna » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:51 am

Would love to see Mutalisk harrassment early/mid games and ALOT more randomness in the strategies so u never know without scouting what the computer does. Would bring so much more realistic and challenge to it *Dreaming* ;P. love how it gathers a massive army , but still an easy fight tho.
1iCH

Postby 1iCH » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:12 pm

[quote name='avance70' post='1046' date='Jun 27 2007, 08:50 PM']unfortunately, with the 12hatch build order i think any proxy gate rush or bunker rush by an average player will kill my AI.
the reason is, if you look the pro replays, that even the best of the best zerg players have trouble defending against those. and a lot of micro is required.[/quote]

True, but you can win just as easily vs. this ai by 2 gating in main base, ive found.
here is a replay of myself trying this, and a little explanation.
12 hatch is almost always done tvz, 3 hatch build then lair tech, w/e.
If 12 hatch is done in a P vz, unless the p FE's also (or 1 gate techs) its a risk build, needing alot of micro from the zerg, but little from the toss, in this rep, i microed very very little, as an example.

An alternative might be the 9 hatch FE, the 'safe' pvz FE, which entails hatching straight after ovie, then pooling at 8 drones.
This build means you will have time to script a sunken at the expansion i'd have thought, although you will lose out in economy a bit.

Although comparatively in other pvz builds this ai seems very tough :D .
Ill get back to you on this. Hope it helps.

Bajadulce mentioned proxying too, unfortunately proxy cannot yet be defeated by an ai that cant cheat, or cant micro.
What im referring to however, is not proxy, its 2 gate in main, a non cheese build. A player can beat any ai by cheesing, so dont worry about it.
EasyChat

Postby EasyChat » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:39 pm

Hi,
Here is my replay attached to this message.

Have fun, much luck with developing your A.I further.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:51 am

Wow, nice macro and micro. It'd be nice to see it when it develops tech!

1v1 is easy since it doesn't tech yet, so I thought I'd upload a 2v2 since it seems well suited for it at this point. It starting lagging like heck though; they must have produced a lot. My ally took my natural which was annoying though. ;)
EasyChat

Postby EasyChat » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:09 am

If anything i think that way of doing it is much better. I wish i thought of that when i was making QOB, i made the whole script before ever testing it. So degudding was a pain in the backside! At least if you do it bit by bit, you can confirm that this block works, then move on. :}

Next time i will know better XD

Return to “StarCraft Modding”