COUNTERZERG - an ai by avance70

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
NiX
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby NiX » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:54 am

I don't think you should be worried about your AI losing to proxy gates or bunker rushes. People doing strats like that on AI won't really learn anything anyway.

My PvZ blows but I'll try this out anyway and post a rep.
NiX
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby NiX » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:11 pm

Alright here's my first game against counterzerg.

I employed the current toss standard fast expand build into corsair scout... just check it out

[attachment=245:P_NiXvsZ_counterz.rep]
NiX

Postby NiX » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:58 pm

Yeah baja is right. The AI has a lot of potential! Just keep at it. I'm willing to test it using specific builds if you want.
avance70

Postby avance70 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:59 pm

hi nix
tnx for the replay - even though you said youre not good on PvZ and even though youve won easily, im still a bit proud of my AI - because to me the game looked like there was a protoss pro gamer playing against an average zerg player ;)

yes, theres still much to work on - like the corsair attack for which my ai is completely unprepared
maybe, in time, we get to an ai which could really be used for, say, a nice practice!
lifestyl3

Postby lifestyl3 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Here is me taking it on as Protoss. I had to turtle hard, but I won in the end. I had a lot of reaver and storm kills :)

[attachment=246:lifestyl...rzerg_.3.rep]

It seemed like it didn't really tech. If it would have made some muta, I think it would have destroyed me. The lings were also only ever upgraded past 1/1. They really should have been 3/3 cracks by the end.

Well done, and I look forward to future updates.

Edit: This is a 1.15 rep
avance70

Postby avance70 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:02 pm

yes it does not upgrade - it does not develop lair at all.
that is because its only the beginning...
lifestyl3

Postby lifestyl3 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:11 pm

Ok.

Sorry about that. I probably should have actually read the thread before posting. :P
NiX

Postby NiX » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:45 pm

Yeah the early game of your AI seems pretty solid. However, maybe you can lessen the sunken colonies a bit? It really puts them behind in terms of army and resources (although it does make their base nigh impenetrable at the start).

I'm totally looking forward to how you'll develop the midgame and lategame phases of your AI. :)
avance70

Postby avance70 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:09 pm

thn for the suggestion nix

i do already have it planned out like this:
if the enemy is protoss i plan on making the sunkens until he makes a forge or a cybernetics bay - that would probably be the best way to tell if he is zealot rushing.
as for the terran, ill try to build the colonies up until the enemy gets a starport or a factory.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”