Multirun and Train

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:27 am

I already knew about the money command limit, which actually became a real problem in some of my mods where superships cost an upwards of 4k/4k+ a piece and the AI can't handle its economy in an intelligent way.

The Warlord is intended to attack with 3 ultralisks at around the 6 minute mark, then finish teching and amass an incredibly massive mixed army. It functions well in large FFA's, which is what it's built for, and can also bring out a nasty surprise in smaller games.

I went around messing with priorities to try to force the Hydra God to tech to ultras which is where it was having issues but so far no real success has been made. At points it just goes braindead for no logical reason. For a laugh, I could have it spam zerglings while it techs (edit: Nope, slows it down way too much)... The script previously used heavy air (guards/devs) in the final loop except, they would build like 20 guardians even though the limit calls for like 8, and never attack with them.

I also know about the upgrades, but there's really not much room to spread them out. I previously had them just in the script bit by bit, but then tried multirunning them for a laugh, but it really doesn't seem to make any difference.

I find it kind of funny how your version didn't even launch the first final attack with any mutas at all, not that it needed them to utterly crush the standard protoss.

I'll compare your changes to mine and see if I can come up with anything...
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:41 am

I'm not willing to go that far in terms of cheating. Even in my SC2 AI, only the "modes" will alter anything past free money and will be completely optional in addition to the skill levels (Which only go from insane to Extreme, :D).

I introduced as much of your changes as I could find, but the final attack loops are still fairly unstable. They'll attack several times, then softlock again for no real reason. Same with Hydra God. The Terran seem to work ok. I think that's as good as I'll ever get those build orders to work. Once I introduce the other build orders and include protoss (there is currently no protoss AI at all in this exe) then I can consider it as complete as it'll ever get.

Feel free to give the terran heavy metal/updated zerg a try.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”