SCAIEdit III list of commands

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:54 am

I'd just keep farms_timing anyways. The comp is too dumb to save up money for a new nexus for the most part and it'd be just too painful to time pylons manually.

But if you want, you can just do player_need 1 nexus in the beginning instead of build 1 nexus. That's pretty much the highest priority.

Or turn off farms_timing if no nexus. Have this multirun after you activate farms_timing in your script.

:have_nexus
notowns_jump nexus need_nexus
wait 300
goto have_nexus

:need_nexus
farms_notiming
player_need 1 nexus
wait 400
notowns_jump nexus need_nexus
farms_timing
wait 1
goto have_nexus
silvermax

Postby silvermax » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:03 am

does return command only works when used with call comannd?
I tried using return in a rush block:

Code: Select all

wait_build 1 gateway
rush 0 rush1
build 3 gateway 80
...etc

:rush1
build 2 pylon 80
build 2 gateway 80
train 6 zealot
attack_add 6 zealot
attack_do
wait 500
attack_clear
return

So when it reachs return, should it continue with the rest of my main thread?
For me, this doesn't seen to work. If any got return working, please let me know :)
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:32 am

I don't think so. Rush actually works the same as a jump command. The way it works is that it checks if the enemy has a certain amount of army/defense, and if the condition is met, then it skips to the block you indicated and ignores everything after the rush command. If the condition isn't met, then it just gets ignored and continues with the rest of the block
Specifics on the rush conditions here: http://www.broodwarai.com/forums/index.php...dpost&p=705

If the condition is met, it goes to the block you specified. In your case the condition rush 0 is met, (enemy has a pool, barracks, or gateway) then it will just go to block rush1. It will not build that 3rd gateway.
silvermax

Postby silvermax » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:01 am

Yes, thats true, that return dont work.
In order to go back to continue after rush i put a goto to a label that continues with the main thread:

so it will be like this:
rush 0 rush1
:continue
build 3 gateway

train......
goto continue

:)
BTW when i use rush, it was making more than 6 zealots, about 7 up to 8...dunno form where they come Oo
And... there is no form to send 1 zealoy by zealot to attack? it always waits to have a group to attack...
u know that time is too critical in a rush... I tried many commands like train 1 zealot then attack do
then train 2 zealot and attack do.... and so on, but the only thing it does is to send first zealot to attack and the rest keeps in the entrance of enemy base...
I dont even use the prepare command :S
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:08 am

Welcome to starcraft.

You could try using send_suicide.
silvermax

Postby silvermax » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:27 pm

Thx, im new here :P
btw send_suicide only send the units that have been finished, i want keep sending them, as soon as new zealot appears.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:38 pm

If you don't use attack_clear and give more attack_add commands , the AI will keep sending units into the fight
:attack 1
attack_add 4 zealot
attack_do

:attack_2
attack_add 1 zealot

time_jump 6 attack_3
wait 20
goto attack_2

:attack_3
attack_clear

This would attack with a couple of zealots and keep sending new zealots until the 6 min mark
silvermax

Postby silvermax » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:28 am

Nope man, same with that only 1 zealot is sent to attack and another zealot keeps in the entrance.
I will still testing
UPDATE: Haha thats the best i got

build 2 pylon 80
build 2 gateway 80
train 1 zealot
wait_train 1 zealot
attack_add 1 zealot
attack_do
attack_clear
attack_add 2 zealot
attack_do
attack_clear
wait 410
attack_add 2 zealot
attack_do
attack_clear
wait 410
attack_add 2 zealot
attack_do
wait 500
attack_clear

As u can see i send the first zealot i made, then send 2 zealot as soon they has been built.
Yes, this waits to have the pair of zealots to enter in the enemy area, but since i got 2 gateway i made 2 zealot at same time, also the wait 410 is to make sure that a zealot have been built (zealot takes 40Normal speed seconds to build)

Also, i got 2 extra zealots, in the command should be 7 total, hopefully it reached the psi limit and farms was off
but thats not all, my AI automatically built a 3rd pylon. Looks like the farms timing was forced.
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:41 am

[quote name='Maxito' post='6211' date='Apr 2 2009, 10:27 PM']btw send_suicide only send the units that have been finished, i want keep sending them, as soon as new zealot appears.[/quote]

Run it on a timed loop that ends after a few increments (presumably when the rush ends).
silvermax

Postby silvermax » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:14 am

Hi, i have advanced in my protoss script as i got new questions :)

1)There is any form to manage where my expansion will be? Im testing in bloodbath map, and always my AI makes the first expansion in a corner where there is only 3 couples of mineral, even if the good places are free and in maps like challenger it makes where there is a gas, then my AI loses becuz ran out of mineral...
When i see the custom scripts they always get the best places...why?

2)Can i train high templars, archons and dark archons with train command? There is any difference using place_guard ? I also want a multirun that makes me keep a certain number of them in my base, actually i invented this:

Code: Select all

:archon
wait 900
notowns_jump templar_archives archon
train 12 dark_templar
place_guard high_templar 0
place_guard high_templar 1
wait_force 12 dark_templar
wait_force 2 high_templar
place_guard dark_archon 0
place_guard archon 0
goto archon

Dunno if is the best method, but seems to have some results.

3) How good is the panic command? I have seen it in customs AI, looks to be an order to rebuild important buildings if get destroyed. But i dont get how it works because when i copy that block on my script (from protoss) I got my Ai crash at certains moments, in others tests it started to build expansions in all available place to expand, but doing nothing more.

4) About expansions... there is a command to make my ai attack a recently enemy expansion? and then start my expansion there?i though that was the capt_expand command, but didnt see any change.

That is my most importants questions by now, thanks in advance :]

Return to “StarCraft Modding”