The Great Big All-In-One Help Thread

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
ashara
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ashara » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:25 pm

[quote name='bajadulce' post='294' date='May 12 2007, 06:41 PM']Where did you find it was 1/10? Testing? SCAIEDit III help file? I couldn't seem to find. And do you know where to find the formula for calcualting "game speed" for the different game speeds too?

In my experience at fastest game speed or from at least the elapsed time displayed on replays, wait 100 seems to be about 1 second.[/quote]

Have done some testing about it with SCAIEDit III :

wait 10000
build 5 scv 80
I use patch 1.15.2, speed fastest in multiplayer.
The builduing of scv starts just after 7 minutes.
So it's about 1/24, meaning that you have to put
wait 24
in SCAIEDit III to wait 1 second ( in replay time).

If you play at speed fast (multiplayer) the scv starts after 9 minutes.
But it is the same game instant - player has 2300 minerals - meaning you just have to do your wait timing on fastest replays and it will work at other speeds too.
poiuy_qwert
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:08 pm

burdy

Postby burdy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:19 pm

Hi, I was wondering is there any way to make the AI be on your team??? Because It would be fun to play a 4v4 Team Match with These AI Scripts :cool:
Scourge_Splitter

Postby Scourge_Splitter » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:50 pm

[quote name='bajadulce' post='102' date='May 6 2007, 06:19 AM']A wrong defensebuild/defenseuse command for unit

Here are some more things to watch out for:
crash:

Wrong use of the defensebuild command.
Here these are classified wrong either because they are not Air/ground units or don't have that type of attack.
defensebuild_gg 1 valkyrie (Normal Valkyries cannot attack ground based targets and telling them to conflicts starcraft)
defensebuild_aa 1 siege_tank (same goes for the Siege Tank what goes for Valkyrie but then reversed)
etc.
note: Especially pay close attention to these tags if you've modified the units via a mod.[/quote]

I'm not sure weither anyone has noticed it since you have probably cleared it before even testing.
But I made a recent dicovery [which most likely is also the cause for my game to crash during enemy aerial attacks] --> Remember post where I explained a bug where game crashed when Talon were attack by CyrexZerg flyers: post #51.

I havent tested it yet but I think it is what was the cause all along.

The statement that these wont work is correct as proven.

defensebuild_aa 1 vulture (Vulture is not air, cannot attack air (2 times error))
defensebuild_gg 1 corsair (Corsair is nor ground, cannot attack ground (2 times error))
defensebuild_ag 1 siege_tank (Siege Tank can attack ground [G] BUT is not air unit (1 times error))
defensebuild_ga 1 devourer (Devourer can attack air [A] BUT is not ground unit (1 times error))
defensebuild_ga 1 dark_templar (Dark Templar is ground unit BUT cannot attack air (1 times error))
defensebuild_aa 1 guardian (Guardian is air unit BUT cannot attack air (1 times error))

So make sure the unit has a corresponding flag (i.e. being ground/air ori?ntated) AND have ability to attack defined 'height' (i.e. ground/air attack)
for instance:

Vultures can ONLY work with:
defensebuild_gg 1 vulture (any other: ga, ag, aa) will crash

Valkyries can ONLY work with:
defensebuild_aa 1 valkyrie (any other: gg, ga, ag) will crash

while Marine can work with BOTH:
defensebuild_gg 1 marine
defensebuild_ga 1 marine (these will both work because the marine IS ground ori?ntated AND can attak both air and ground targets.)

Last but not least.
Except from DEFENSEBUILD_XX also the DEFENSEUSE_XX command operates like this.

I though this was a nice, more detailed, explanation right :D
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:05 pm

Just a note, PyAI will look in units.dat (default or one specified by you) for flags and give appropriate warnings if the unit is not correct for a defensebuild_xx/defenseuse_xx.
Scourge_Splitter

Postby Scourge_Splitter » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:20 pm

Allright, I seem to be having a problem with the AI which I had not believed happening...

I have checked them for looping statements without a wait statement, checked for wrong defensebuild/defenseuse comamnds and what know what...
And yet, for ome reason the Game (game itself) freezes...
I have included the AIscript, maybe you guys can find what I have overlooked then...
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:57 pm

Scourge_Splitter

Postby Scourge_Splitter » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:33 pm

Aah crap, that's gonna be about... 18 to 21 scripts I need to go test..
And what I don't know is which one it is

Return to “StarCraft Modding”