The Great Big All-In-One Help Thread

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Ahzz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ahzz » Mon May 14, 2007 5:24 am

ahhh... helped so much... so obvious... lol thanks.
lifestyl3
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby lifestyl3 » Sun May 20, 2007 5:18 am

**** General Mod running errors *****

How do I Install, Run, and Uninstall mods?

Whenever I attempt to play a mod, the comp just sits there and does nothing in the game. What gives?
Sounds as tho you are trying to run the mod in a game mode other than Melee. The majority of the mods found on this site run Custom Expansion scripts which replaces the default melee AI for BroodWar. Simply create a Melee, FFA, or TvB game vs. a computer opponent.

Is there a way to use these mods in my Use Map Settings (UMS) map?

Yes, Setup a trigger that runs the appropriate Custom Expansion Melee script (Protoss, Terran, Zerg) at location. Some common mistakes are:
1. The use of anywhere rather than designated location.
2. Do not use "preserve" trigger as this continually resets the script.
* Some mods such as Racine's Rebels or Zbath2 require additional triggers.
* Note: Most mods have strange quarks when run in UMS. Something not quite understood.

I'm having trouble running certain mods with Windows Vista?
* The .exe in question was constructed with an older pre 64-bit supported MPQDraft

Error: Unable to locate starcraft.exe to patch.
You have registry issues.

Some mods crash whenever I try to view a replay especially whenever I hover cursor over the pause/play/stop buttons?
Mod might have an older pre-replay stat_txt.tbl.

**** WinMPQ errors *****

When I run WinMPQ windows tells me " VB40032.dll doesn't exist, it might help to reinstall"
WinMPQ requires some additional Visual Basic runtime files. Check Shadowflare's site for links.

I see nothing but unknowns when I open a file with WinMPQ?
MPQ archives need a list file in order to read their contents. The best list file is here:

*** Tutorials & Getting Started *****

How to convert SCAIEdit scripts to PyAI

Getting started with Ai scripting and SCAIEdit3

Michel put a lot of time into this tutorial and it is very well written and easy to understand. A definite must 1st stop for anyone interested in getting started coding their first Ai. The manner in which aiscript.bin is tested out however is a bit outdated and you should use a SEMPQ as described below.

Includes a guide for building scripts with PYAI + is the preferred method of creating an .exe to test/distribute your files.

A complete modding resource guide that covers just about every phase of Scraft modding including extensive research on the workings and limitations of SCAIEdit III.

I compiled my aiscript.bin, now what? How do I test it out?

Or
above.

************ TOOLS & UTILITIES ******************

Made by GoldDragon:
Main Ai modding tool used here at BroodWarAi.com
Fixed version: SCAIEdit III's default stat_txt.tbl is a pre-replay version. If the stat_txt.tbl from SCAIEdit III is used in your mod Replays will crash. This version has an updated stat_txt.tbl
<---- May be of use to somebody?

by poiuy_qwert
The newest in StarCraft AI editing, supported many new features to make your life easier! PyAI uses so it works for Mac users! It is very close to complete, and is stable in its current builds.

by Shadowflare
Only the best MPQ Archive and probably the most used modding tool. Where would we be without this?

by DiscipleofAdun:
The legacy continues where Memgraft 1.10 left off. The ancients of Camelot Systems would be proud! :P
read more here

by BroodKiller:
Can edit .dat filies and a lot more.
check source for updates: will post link soon.

by Quantam
Shadowflare helped Quantam with this Windows Vista (64bit) compatible version.
[attachment=1000:MPQDraft_vista.zip]site down?

[attachment=446:TblPad.zip] by Shadowflare:
Program used to edit .tbl files such as stat_txt.tbl

Can load custom mod files via a map. The modded files can be updated from map to map without having to exit Starcraft and load a new .exe

[attachment=596:BinEdit2_11_10.rar]BinEdit2 by O)FaRTy1billion
A highly underated and underused tool that can add some serious pimpage to your mod. No BWAI mod will ever leave here without some kind of Bin dazzle!

by Legacy Weapon:
Having troubles opening a map? This program can open almost any SC map. A great tool!

[attachment=595:uu2.zip]Unused Unprotector 2 v1.3 by Unused. Another map "unprotector" that has been said to be able to open certain maps OSMAP couldn't.
check the help tab for more info.

* Misc grafting tools that might be hard to find
[attachment=447:memgraft1.10.zip]Memgraft v1.10. Coupled w/ StarGraft, this changed modding!

[attachment=1001:SGraft_Install.zip]StarGraft. Somebody may find it still useful. This program MADE modding!

A small program that can calculate the fastest build order for a certain criteria. More of a novelty than anything else, but a neat program regardless.

A one-click tool that will downgrade your Starcraft AND utilize ShadowFlare's 1.15.2 no-cd. Basically you can play old mods without your CD! How great is that!

A nifty tool to help facilitate downgrading your Starcraft.
note: The 1.10 downgrade has been reported to be broken.

***** Replay Tools ******

[attachment=511:BlankAi.zip]A self-executing mpq that can be used to record blank replays. Also an easy way to add your Ai to an existing .exe without having to go through the steps in creating one via MPQDraft.

by LifeStyl
A nifty tool that can convert replays to Aiscripts.. Run a replay through this program and it will convert it to a playable opponent. Hmmm now to find a good Boxer replay :)
read more .

The Ultimate Pro-map Ai vs. Ai replay pack. Including several Race vs. Race replays. You'll never need anything else for testing out your Ai creations.

[attachment=106:Ai_Replaypak2.zip]30 Ai replays mostly older maps but very useful
[spoiler]Here are some replay packages that feature computers fighting each other. These replays were recorded for approx. 45mins using the BlankAi.exe replay maker, an Ai mod in which computers do nothing. Because replays involving computers are "played" out, as opposed to recorded for human actions, YOUR Ai will play as if it had recorded the replay when any of these replays are viewed with your Ai.

This is a great way to test something that is say happening 20 minutes into the game without playing 20 minutes.
Also the only way to really see what is happening w/ your resources at any given point in your script.
Good way to test your Ai vs another Ai :)[/spoiler]
[attachment=448:BWAIWar2...lays_1.0.zip]BroodWar Ai vs Ai War2 Replay Pack
15 replays featuring the new style of "blank Ai" recording. Here starting locations have been altered to avoid potential player interference.

Looking for an older SC version?

[attachment=568:Starcraf...nraveled.zip]Here is a zip file of pages that I saved of this project before it was lost. It is an older version, but there is a lot of good info here. BroodKiller and DofA have mentioned that this project might someday be restored. I'm uploading this here just in case they get lost. These things happen.
Dreadkillz

Postby Dreadkillz » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:01 pm

This is really useful. Thnx.
terranchamp

Postby terranchamp » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:54 am

Every time i try to load one of the BWAI's Programs, such as raynor, racine, ect., it says "program has stopped working" and says DEP stopped it from working. What do i do to make it work? Please Help?
terranchamp

Postby terranchamp » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:00 am

thnx alot, it works now :lol:
Laser_Dude

Postby Laser_Dude » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:52 am

The only reason those files don't work is because they were made using an out of date version of MPQDraft, and there's nothing to inform modders if there's a new version.

What I do, is I open MPQDraft, change the drop down box from "MPQ Files" to "All Files", you then load the .exe.
General Fear

Postby General Fear » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:28 am

I saw a script that I like called by Avance70.

My questions are :
1.) How do I install this?
2.) If I don't like the AI How do I uninstall?
3.) If I play a multiplayer game on BNet, will the new AI work? Or do the other players have to install the same AI?

Regards

Return to “StarCraft Modding”