The Great Big All-In-One Help Thread

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Abrupt

Postby Abrupt » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:20 pm

thanks for your help baja, i have fixed this problem. it seems that i was opening a file from a place where SCAIEdit didnt read the unitdef.ini file.
matefkr

Postby matefkr » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:12 am

i have a suspision, that inserting wait xx (and also some other command but) regularily can avoid ai going idle (soft lock or what). I'm realy not sure, but it would be good if someone could test it.
ashara

Postby ashara » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:06 pm

i have a suspision, that inserting wait xx (and also some other command but) regularily can avoid ai going idle (soft lock or what). I'm realy not sure, but it would be good if someone could test it.

That's what I am doing, and I have got a strong suspicion about that too, I use this waiting timing especially in cheating AI's.
Ahzz

Postby Ahzz » Sun May 04, 2008 4:51 pm

I thought of something which might be the reason my current Ahzz AI crashes without no other reason.

It has too many multirun scripts.
it was forced to loop/run even 4-5 different things the same time, that may well be the reason it crashed. As simple as that. Early on it doesn't crash, of course, since there aren't many multiruns, but they keep piling up.

I believe it only matters if there is a certain number of multiruns going on the same time. In other words, I don't think that 'dead' multiruns crash anymore.

Actually, I really think this IS the reason. For example the old AI fusion script which I discarded had huge amounts of multiruns since the very beginning, and it crashed within the first 10 minutes.
Witness

Postby Witness » Wed May 07, 2008 3:52 pm

When i run WinMPQ windows tells me " VB40032.dll doesn't exist, it might help to reinstall"

I can't download BlankAi_Vista.exe, the link doesn't work.
Bhodi

Postby Bhodi » Thu May 08, 2008 7:41 pm

[quote name='Witness' post='3882' date='May 7 2008, 07:52 AM']When i run WinMPQ windows tells me " VB40032.dll doesn't exist, it might help to reinstall"[/quote]
You need the Visual Basic runtime files that are described at Shadowflare's site where you downloaded WinMPQ.

I can't download BlankAi_Vista.exe, the link doesn't work.
works for me? what link are you trying?
ShadowFlare

Postby ShadowFlare » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:31 am

[quote name='Corbo' post='3146' date='Mar 15 2008, 01:05 PM']Yeah, I have run AIs on vista, just make sure your MPQDraft version is really up to date.
Otherwise you'll have troubles[/quote]As mentioned, it needs a newer version of MPQDraft. The older version had a bug which was noticed by me way before the release of Vista because of how I had my computer configured, but not noticed by most until they had Vista on a computer.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”