The PvT project

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Taranok

Re: The PvT project

Postby Taranok » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:36 am

Alright! Updated ZBwaiP to 0.3!
Fixed training loop, and reworked some early code.
This version gets carriers at a faster pace, at the cost of reducing the number of gateways. (Actually, I might have reduced it by too much). It 4-0'd Accel T, and 2-0'd Mech 1.1b due to flaws in it's detection system (so I didn't bother to run the other maps). So I'm not really sure how it does against a well built mech AI.

Myk, I hope you upload whatever it is you said you were going to upload. (nudge)
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:23 am

Hey, got a good rep with ZBwaiP for you:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0DevQU ... pZdzg/edit
Those pesky carriers really came out of nowhere :) BTW at some point during my attack the game really lagged a lot. Down to 2fps for 100 frames or smth. I am not sure whether it was ZBwaiP or my bot though...
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Wow got owned pretty easily. :shock: I think the reason that your AI deals much better than the BWAI Mech bots (I would say they work in similar ways) is probably because of the very bad Goliath behavior that is hardcoded into BWAI.

I'll definitely keep on working to make ZBwaiP better. Looks like your AI had a lot of problems with pathing at the end :P
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:27 am

Yeah, in-game pathfinding in Broodwar is terrible... I could replace it with A* search and order a unit to move to a new location every few frames but then the AI would run very very slowly. Also I don't see why you're so impressed with goliath micro. They're as dumb as they've always been in Broodwar. I just order them to try to attack a carrier, if it's in weapon range. :)
But if you check the games vs Ximp where there are many many carriers, my goliaths really suck.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Well about 1/2 the time (I haven't yet figured out why) when BWAI goliaths get attacked by zealots that just waddle around and shoot very infrequently. You can take down like 12 goliaths with just 7 zealots or so.
Myk

Postby Myk » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:23 am

Taranok wrote:Myk, I hope you upload whatever it is you said you were going to upload. (nudge)

Well, the latest one isn't doing as good. The subtle timing differences sure mean either a win or a loss. The scripts with big 2 base protoss attacks are beating it and it does much better against the 3 base ones. I wish there was a if_enemytowns(#, jump) function in there. :)

I'll check it out tomorrow and upload something.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Hmm, you might have to figure out some special to evaluate that... like detect like something like during 10-12 minute mark see if the opposing AI has a Citadel of Adun; if it does than it's probably some kind of 2 base attack, otherwise it's either an expand or a very awkward attack without zealot speed or tech.
[spoiler]Actually the latter is what my TaranokAI does anyway so that might not even be helpful at all[/spoiler]Uploaded ZBwaiP 0.4. It's a bit of a strange update, i don't remember of specifics of exactly what changed. I added a few dragoons to the mix, because it's not worth having 30 zealots that usually can't all attack at the same time anyways, when you can just add some ranged units. I haven't figured out where exactly to fit in dragoon range, right now it gets it after Air weapons level 3 (so like 26 minute mark) ;) I'll probably fit in somehow before it starts getting air upgrades.

I still need to optimize the transition from the expanding to Stargate.

Hopefully it'll maybe put a better fight against BWAPI...
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:10 am

Sorry this update is so fast. The thing is I will probably be doing the most modding on the weekends since I have more time. By the way if you downloaded 0.4, sorry for the cursing in there. I was kinda frustrated :P.

0.5 throws out archons in favor of Arbiters. Archons take full damage from vultures and tanks so they're not really useful in any way. Stasis can be useful, and sometimes Terran AI doesn't like to scan units that are cloaked by Arbiters. Also, I squeezed in Singularity Charge before any of the air upgrades.

I don't know how Mech builds will be able to deal with a late game Protoss. I think some kind of timing attack needs to be done to at least slow progress down. May need to throw in some ghosts...who knows?

EDIT: lol it looks like I posted 1 minute later than your post? but my post is above.....
Myk

Postby Myk » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:19 am

Taranok wrote:EDIT: Myk is it a rework of your mech, or BC rush.... :?:

More mech.

That zealot/carrier AI is tough. I'd skip the archons. Why not include HTs instead? Or don't include them and get more ground unit upgrades.

Myk T 1.5.txt
Here's one revision, anyway. It gets totally run over by Unleaded, but might do okay against the carrier scripts.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:21 pm

Taranok, I like that it chats. No arbiters were noticed though...
Rep: https://drive.google.com/?tab=mo&authus ... U1LY3V1a28

Return to “StarCraft Modding”