The PvT project

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
bajadulce

Re: The PvT project

Postby bajadulce » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Firebats do eat zerglings and zealots for lunch, which are the main defenses of p and z in the early goings. Fbats vs goons or hydra tho not such a good unit for T :lol:

Taranok wrote:If you want a fun game I would suggest watching TaranokAI vs Mech on Icarus.
Yes, I'd very much like to check out. Download link for Mech script is probably right in front of my nose? will look for it.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:02 pm

everything is in the main post. make sure you're using the latest versions of both AIs!

When does your AI attack? before 9 minutes?
Myk

Postby Myk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:00 am

Here's a metal TvP Myk T 1.1.txt

Has some pretty good games against Taranok & Unleaded P & my Carrier script here.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:30 am

Wow Myk T 1.1 vs TaranokAI on Python was really cool! something like 50 minutes of actual gameplay! It looked like your AI kinda sat trying to attack an arbiter with tanks and vultures :P. And then my AI lost because it didn't attack_clear() properly, the arbiter was the sole attack force left but it never got killed. This used to happen with observers, too :(. EDIT: hmmm.....

Myk T and TaranokAI seem pretty even. However I think maps have a significant factor here. Jade and Icarus tend to be more closed maps, which are better for Mech. Python is absolutely open, so that is more favorable towards Protoss.

If anything I would suggest still getting a few less tanks and more vultures. Quite a few times all the vultures died, leaving 6-7 unguarded tanks, which get killed very easily. And somehow it does much better against ZBwaiP than mine.
EDIT: actually it seems like it gets enough vultures, but make sure you have enough when you attack. don't attack with too few.
Myk

Postby Myk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:42 am

Myk T 1.2.txt

Updated!

Trying factories at the expansions, more upgrades, can eventually get dropships if it has too much $$$ or because something trips the ground_map trigger. Got both anti-carrier and some mix-in goliaths for arbiterrs.

Funny: I've got a jumps for arbiters and carriers, but Blizzard P's scouts fly under the radar!
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:38 am

Your AI seems to sometimes wait for tanks to be built, while hovering more than a thousand minerals. It probably went through all of the train commands for vultures, and left a lot of tank train commands left. Also I think your AI for some reason needs more factories. On 3 bases and 9 factories it still seems to float a lot of resources.
Strangely, I noticed that sometimes Terran AI doesn't scan even when it can't see cloaked units that are attacking it. I had a DT kill 7 units when the T AI had 200/200 on several comsat stations.

Right now I'm testing a version of TaranokAI. But games keep on crashing. not even sure whether it's yours or mine. Probably mine. :x
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:43 am

Uploaded a test version of TaranokAI v1.72. and added your Mech v1.2 to the OP. Probably will add baja 1.1.

v1.72 I edited the attack loop to the same format as the Mech one I have, so it probably isn't the source of crashing. In fact, I'm not sure if it is my AI crashing or not. The crashes I have seen so far have been against Myk 1.1 and Myk 1.2. A short game of baja 1.2 versus v1.72 didn't crash, and neither did a game of storm zerg versus 1.72. can someone help determine which AI crashes?
:?

The crashes versus 1.2 happen on Python and Jade. In both cases, my AI is destroying some Terran buildings, and then it crashes with an error message.
Myk

Postby Myk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:37 pm

Might be 1.2 is broken. I ended up getting a lot of crashes and then I fixed it up in my current file.
(or maybe it's a secret plan to never lose, to just crash the game if it comes to that!)

The macro problem.. I don't know. The AI tends to wait around for it's expansions to start, even when it has tons of money. I'm still working on the script and working through some of the messy logic parts, so things should get a bit better in the next one.

Cool stuff: Slapping give_money() in a loop and running it against Racine & Premium P is pretty fun. Premium P kind of gets a little too insane, but it gets arbiters, Racine goes for Carriers. Both have been important in figuring out my goliath jump logic. I'm pretty reasonable with the factory count, so I know that I'm in the right area.

Mine love: I really hated spider mines before, but they seem strangely powerful in AIvAI. The enemy units kind of run through them and it ends up taking very few units to defend sometimes. Sometimes when the scan fails, the DTs just run into some spider mines and take care of the whole situation.

Myk P in the Entropy folder is kind of sad. I kind of just made those up real quick just to have a complete set of AI... and it shows.

Edit: I'll upload something new a bit later today!
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:06 pm

Will you upload the bug fixed version?

I guess I forgot to mention what changed with v1.72. The AI adds arbiters, and I changed the attack loop to be more consistent. I also got rid of the 2 gate. This way it gets the expansion earlier, and usually the AI didn't decide to attack anyway. However for whatever reason it does worse in defending those medic + marine attacks. Will have to look into that.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:43 am

Tried to beef up 1.72 to it could beat Mech 1.1b. Didn't work very well. Attempted zealot+archon, but with little success.
It takes a lot of cannons to deal with 15 vultures. More than I expected. Vultures buy enough time for tanks to get sieged and kill cannons.

I am going to try creating Anti-Mech P AI that hopefully deals better with Mech. I suppose ZBwaiP does OK against mech, but I want to see if a non-carrier unit composition will work. It'll probably be something like a fast natural and third. Or maybe building up defenses before getting a third. I don't know.

Arbiters are actually pretty good. If you can freeze 5-6 tanks or 7-8 vultures with some stasis that's pretty significant. It makes dealing with attacks quite a bit easier. And sometimes the T AI has trouble scanning when there's an arbiter around. Don't know how much exposure it can get especially since stasis costs 100 energy, but cloaking is useful. The good thing is that if you spend most of your money on zealots, you'll have leftover gas, and arbiters are really mineral cheap.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”