The PvT project

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Myk

Re: The PvT project

Postby Myk » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:29 am

Taranok wrote:Yeah turrets can be a huge waste with the way that the AI places them.

So you're attempting a big tankless 2 base attack right after ZBwaiP attacks? I really don't know how great that will be. It'll take quite a while for the AI to rebuild units after the attack, and by then ZBwaiP will be on 3 bases for at least 2 minutes. But if you were able to attack without the presence of carriers you could be getting something going.

It wasn't tankless. It was boring. It sucks to make all sorts of fancy upgrade stuff and then some generic 8 fact junk wins. :curse:
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:31 am

It wasn't tankless. It was boring. It sucks to make all sorts of fancy upgrade stuff and then some generic 8 fact junk wins. :curse:

So it worked? If it does, I'd still like to see it.

EDIT: ZBwaiP is astoundingly greedy. Wrote a quick attack with 4 facts and it won easily, while still taking a third base. Will have to make some edits to make it less vulnerable.
Myk

Postby Myk » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:25 am

http://www.broodwarai.com/downloads/mem ... %201.0.txt

Here's something I threw together for fun. I didn't spend a lot of time making it win or whatever, but it's still pretty good.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:04 am

yup, it's pretty good against mech; but it can't survive against the classic marine medic firebat rush! loses to Archon Wing, Baja, Accel T. I don't know how hard it will be to solve this.

Thanks for posting your P AI. It's really hard to tell how good Mech AIs are when only one of them is any good against Mech.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:08 pm

Taranok, can you make a sample AI script such that Protoss will try a contain in front of the enemy's base, i.e. gather goons, zealots and observers in a safe range from the enemy siege tanks but still killing anything that will try to escape out by land (scvs, vultures, etc)
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:16 pm

will try to get any updates/coding worked on this weekend. btw I'm not sure how terrific a contain script will work (I think I read something about attack_prepare will attack without waiting for the attack_do command). Will try though.

I think I might add some screenshots here later for fun :)
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:33 am

Well, I don't mean it to be an otherwise powerful bot. I (and I believe other bot developers) just need an opponent that makes a good contain (gather army in a safe distance in front of the enemy siege tank defense) because passive bots like mine tend to suicide lots of units in such situations. It'll be an extremely useful training partner.
Some notes about it to ease the work:
1) doesn't need to ever attack, just to continue gathering in a safe distance in front of the enemy natural. Defending that position so to say
2) the gathering position should be such that the contained player can't send workers out to build an expansion or sneak out any vultures. I know this is hard on let's say FS, but It should be somehow doable on Python maybe?
3) Army composition doesn't need to be too fancy. Goons with range mostly, maybe later - some HTs and reavers, carriers...?
4) Could be a UMS map as I know this would be easier.
bajadulce

Postby bajadulce » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:15 am

@ attacking w/o waiting for a command
From prior observations, it was discovered that the internal AI engine will send it's army on the offensive without ever instructing it to do anything (i.e. no attack commands in script at all). Ashara I believe confirmed this in his testing as well. Not sure what triggers the AI to decide to attack, but it doesn't appear to just build a passive army. Eventually it seems it will attack whether you instruct it to or not.

Somewhere there is a post/script called EasyZ. Basically I tried to put together a script that wouldn't attack my 10yr old nephew, but rather just build a huge defensive army/base. Eventually tho (usually around 15 minute mark iirc) it would go on the war path. Maybe there was something we needed to leave out that prevented the script from behaving as intended.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:25 am

well, if it holds still for 15 minutes, I guess that's alright.
super1

Postby super1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:56 pm

The hardcoded build-in script attacks (the ones that are not executed specifically from the script) are one of the many functions that can be disabled by calling start_campaign. After that the AI will just obediently do whatever it is told. Have in mind that if an AI is run in the UMS game move start_campaign is called anyway (or at least the functions it disables do not work in UMS).

Return to “StarCraft Modding”