running client bot

https://github.com/bwapi/bwapi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
abcdefg
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

running client bot

Postby abcdefg » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:52 pm

I just installed 3.7.2 following the instructions correctly I hope by copying all the files into the starcraft folder. I set the dll in .ini file to NULL. Why does bot not find my game or what could I have wrong? I attached a screenshot with a few windows I am using since I cant show everything else.
abcdefg

Postby abcdefg » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:00 am

[quote name='abcdefg' date='15 January 2012 - 10:52 AM' timestamp='1326653541' post='10621']
I just installed 3.7.2 following the instructions correctly I hope by copying all the files into the starcraft folder. I set the dll in .ini file to NULL. Why does bot not find my game or what could I have wrong? I attached a screenshot with a few windows I am using since I cant show everything else.
[/quote]

I have one more question. When I download newest BWAPI 3.7.2 I notice all the past revisions are missing and all the 2011 bots use older versions so I can no longer use any of the DLLs. Where do we get all the past revisions to play against all the older bots?
Heinermann

Postby Heinermann » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:10 am

Check http://code.google.com/p/bwapi/downloads/list?can=1 (set dropdown to "All Downloads" and click Search)

For the first problem: Are you running both Chaoslauncher/Starcraft and the Client as administrator? If that doesn't work then try using "_NULL" instead of "NULL".
abcdefg

Postby abcdefg » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:57 am

[quote name='Heinermann' date='21 January 2012 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1327198257' post='10659']
Check http://code.google.com/p/bwapi/downloads/list?can=1 (set dropdown to "All Downloads" and click Search)

For the first problem: Are you running both Chaoslauncher/Starcraft and the Client as administrator? If that doesn't work then try using "_NULL" instead of "NULL".
[/quote]

Thanks I will try that. I downloaded skynet but when I build the solution in visual studio 2008 sp1 I get tons of errors on everything that is included by BWAPI.h. The main folder has an include folder that has the bwapi.h and all the files for it but it seems to not find that. Do I need to add some references or additional includes to the project to get it to compile?
Heinermann

Postby Heinermann » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:33 pm

Can you post a sample of some of the errors?

If they are linker errors then you need to include BWAPI.lib.
If they are file not found errors then you need to add the include directory (for the project, not for your compiler) that contains BWAPI.h.

Return to “BWAPI (wrappers in other languages / questions and announcements related to BWAPI itself)”