BWAPI 1.10

https://github.com/bwapi/bwapi
Heinermann

Postby Heinermann » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:27 pm

<<<Heinermann sorry for accidentally deleting your post.>>>
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant - rewriting the engine, keeping the graphics and game settings(unit hp, etc). Although regarding the permission I doubt they'd be OK with that.
matefkr

Postby matefkr » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:43 am

[quote name='krasi0' date='17 July 2012 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1342547263' post='10987']
Yeah, that's what I meant - rewriting the engine, keeping the graphics and game settings(unit hp, etc). Although regarding the permission I doubt they'd be OK with that.
[/quote]

One way to go about it is if we would have a simple but fast opensource 3d engine which can manage well enough high number of polygons, and level of detail management should also be fast and smooth enough. The physics engine should be very simple, so perhaps we could use two engines, one fro graphics and an open source small physics engine for tweaking it to effectively support large masses of units/projectiles as well. But anyway, you like starcraft because it has a nice feeling in its gameplay, though im sure we cant remake it, we can make something similar but also different (should be much different). Maybe have only one race so no need for balancing create a few units (need some modellers) and then write ai on it.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:47 am

Why does it have to be a 3D engine? Broodwar is kinda unique at the moment because it's just 2D and the graphics is pretty distinguishable and awesome for its age.
[quote name='matefkr' date='19 July 2012 - 02:43 PM' timestamp='1342698194' post='10990']
[quote name='krasi0' date='17 July 2012 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1342547263' post='10987']
[/quote]

One way to go about it is if we would have a simple but fast opensource 3d engine which can manage well enough high number of polygons, and level of detail management should also be fast and smooth enough. The physics engine should be very simple, so perhaps we could use two engines, one fro graphics and an open source small physics engine for tweaking it to effectively support large masses of units/projectiles as well. But anyway, you like starcraft because it has a nice feeling in its gameplay, though im sure we cant remake it, we can make something similar but also different (should be much different). Maybe have only one race so no need for balancing create a few units (need some modellers) and then write ai on it.
[/quote]

Return to “BWAPI (wrappers in other languages / questions and announcements related to BWAPI itself)”