BWAPI Eisbot java files, packages and compiling

https://github.com/bwapi/bwapi
TheBlueGnu

BWAPI Eisbot java files, packages and compiling

Postby TheBlueGnu » Fri May 20, 2011 12:56 pm

I've got some confusion trying to get the Eisbot example to work.

I went here to get the code: http://code.google.com/p/jnibwapi/sourc ... ot%2Fproxy
and saw the large number of java files. I also saw lines at the top of every project saying something like "package eisbot.proxy.types;" I haven't used Java in a while so I don't know how I should set up a new java project with sections that are "packages" to put the various files in. I want ultimately to have a single project with all the files in the correct places.

My other problem is I'm not sure when I get everything put together what building the project will actually do. I don't know if it will create the aimodule.dll needed or what.

If anyone could give me step by step instructions for getting the example java code into a project and get it to run in brood war I'd be really grateful.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:37 pm

You should ask the author:
http://twitter.com/#!/bgweber
TheBlueGnu

Postby TheBlueGnu » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:18 am

[quote name='krasi0' date='13 June 2011 - 04:37 AM' timestamp='1307911047' post='10197']
You should ask the author:
http://twitter.com/#!/bgweber
[/quote]

I've joined twitter but I can't find a way to send him a message. According the the twitter help, you can only send messages only to people who are following you, not the other way around. I might try his email though.
Undermind3k

Postby Undermind3k » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:10 pm

haha you got tricked into making a twitter account! :)

you try the IRC chat? I believe he is dsherman or something very close to that at TeamLiquid.net too. I have read a lot of his posts there. You might try a pm over there. I don't know what his member name is here at bwai.com. He doesn't appear to be an active member here.
TheBlueGnu

Postby TheBlueGnu » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:30 am

[quote name='Undermind3K' date='15 June 2011 - 07:10 AM' timestamp='1308093050' post='10222']
haha you got tricked into making a twitter account! :)

you try the IRC chat? I believe he is dsherman or something very close to that at TeamLiquid.net too. I have read a lot of his posts there. You might try a pm over there. I don't know what his member name is here at bwai.com. He doesn't appear to be an active member here.
[/quote]

Noo! I've been tricked! :P Might try IRC chat, though I've sent an email and hopefully he'll reply soon.

I have to admit getting this thing to work has been a crazy difficult process :S. First I tried netbeans and got errors which I posted on the JNI issues site. The guy replied saying it's actually meant to be used in Eclipse and Visual Studio. So I thought huzzah! Netbeans is annoying and stuff so all my problems will be solved by using Eclipse. Then I discovered it was the buggiest IDE known to science.

I've spent so, many, days going from one bug to the next until finally I got errors that the internet suggestions didn't fix. I tried to register on the Eclipse forums, but they weren't accepting new members... ugh... why can't this thing just work? Maybe I'll try Visual Studio while I wait for an email back. Personally I think my main problem is setting up the IDE correctly. There's always things people just assume you know and are WRONG because no one who's new will know. Goodness knows getting Visual Studio to work for C++ was a nightmare...

Edit:
Whoops Visual Studio is C++ and C# only...

Edit: 28th June 2011
Code doesn't have any errors anymore before running. Get an error when I click the run button though, might try eclipse forums
snippyhollow

Postby snippyhollow » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:10 am

Late answer, but you can write to anybody on twitter by twitting "@name_of_the_person message here".
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:57 pm

Hey, you still can't run Eisbot? You just need jre installed. No need for any IDEs. Tell me if you still have issues.
TheBlueGnu

Postby TheBlueGnu » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:33 am

[quote name='krasi0' date='07 July 2011 - 01:57 AM' timestamp='1309975038' post='10287']
Hey, you still can't run Eisbot? You just need jre installed. No need for any IDEs. Tell me if you still have issues.
[/quote]

Yeah, my current issue is making and finding the DLL. Both netbeans and eclipse clean and build fine at the moment, but doing this does not make the DLL, or if it does, I can't find where it is.

I'm sure I had installed the JRE, though have a look at the eclipse java build path images included just in case.
TheBlueGnu

Postby TheBlueGnu » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:35 am

[quote name='snippy' date='06 July 2011 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1309939857' post='10284']
Late answer, but you can write to anybody on twitter by twitting "@name_of_the_person message here".
[/quote]

Oh ok, thanks very much!

Return to “BWAPI (wrappers in other languages / questions and announcements related to BWAPI itself)”