Multiple Instance support thread

https://github.com/bwapi/bwapi
TheBlueGnu

Postby TheBlueGnu » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:34 pm

Is most nifty, tutorial all works and stuff. Might want to mention in it that you gotta run starcraft twice in the chaoslauncher menu screen and in window mode (which is why window mode is needed) so one ai can join another's game.

Also, I ran the ai using my ai and it went well till ai 1 attack 2's base and then it hung :( That MAY be my use of pointers and stuff so I may have to take out some of the smartness of my ai in allowing re allocting builders who have died :( I'll have to see though.

Game also runs MUCH slower then versing the built in AI for some reason.
TheBlueGnu

Postby TheBlueGnu » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:58 am

Also, does anyone else get a thing where it runs ok for a while and then crashes? I'm pretty sure it's a memory leak, but I don't know if it's my code or the multiple instance things. I know my code runs fine by itself (took out making new bases) so I have no idea what might cause it.
abcdefg

Postby abcdefg » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:41 am

[quote name='TheBlueGnu' date='07 August 2011 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1312775931' post='10331']
Also, does anyone else get a thing where it runs ok for a while and then crashes? I'm pretty sure it's a memory leak, but I don't know if it's my code or the multiple instance things. I know my code runs fine by itself (took out making new bases) so I have no idea what might cause it.
[/quote]

I downloaded the skynet bot and I have to say its pretty good. After I play for a while though like 15 or 20 minutes both instances of the game it says player dropped on both instances and I have to kill them. I pick local pc for both instances. Any idea why that would happen? I would like to be able to finish games against the bot.
Heinermann

Postby Heinermann » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:09 am

There are issues with the current SNP module.

Return to “BWAPI (wrappers in other languages / questions and announcements related to BWAPI itself)”