help setting bwapi 3.7.3

https://github.com/bwapi/bwapi
Taranok

help setting bwapi 3.7.3

Postby Taranok » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:16 pm

I am trying to set up BWAPI 3.7.3. I followed the build instructions in the readme and then the "Run exampleAImodule instructions". So I launch Starcraft and it says it can't find BWAPId.dll in the Starcraft folder. (is this supposed to happen?)

So I put BWAPId.dll in the Starcraft folder, and then launch Starcraft with ChaosLauncher again. This time it gives a success. I create a game in UDP against a computer. Once the game starts it then says that ExampleAIModule.dll couldn't be loaded or something very similar.

Sorry, new to BWAPI.
Last edited by psychowico on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heinermann

Postby Heinermann » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:14 pm

BWAPI 3.7.3 is outdated and you should use BWAPI 3.7.4.

After installing BWAPI 3.7.4 (either manually or using the installer), compile the example module and stick it in "bwapi-data/AI/" which should be in your Starcraft directory. After running ChaosLauncher(included), select the BWAPI injector and click "Config". If set up correctly it will open your default text editor with the BWAPI configuration file. You will be setting "ai=" or "ai_dbg=" to point to the path of your AI module.

Do not mix RELEASE and DEBUG versions with each other, it will end badly.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:24 am

[quote name='Heinermann' date='27 July 2012 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1343416473' post='11021']
BWAPI 3.7.3 is outdated and you should use BWAPI 3.7.4.

After installing BWAPI 3.7.4 (either manually or using the installer), compile the example module and stick it in "bwapi-data/AI/" which should be in your Starcraft directory. After running ChaosLauncher(included), select the BWAPI injector and click "Config". If set up correctly it will open your default text editor with the BWAPI configuration file. You will be setting "ai=" or "ai_dbg=" to point to the path of your AI module.

Do not mix RELEASE and DEBUG versions with each other, it will end badly.
[/quote]

trying install.exe didn't work, it said it wasn't a valid win32 application. (maybe because I have XP?)

Anyway it had the same problem as before.

EDIT: this is 3.7.4
Heinermann

Postby Heinermann » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:47 am

It seems like install.exe is a 64-bit app which won't work on 32-bit systems.

Did you compile ExampleAIModule and put it in the correct folder? BWAPI.dll and BWAPId.dll should be in the Chaoslauncher folder, not the Starcraft folder. There should be a folder called "bwapi-data" in your Starcraft folder.
It will be like so: "C:Program FilesStarcraftbwapi-dataAIExampleAIModule.dll" (you must compile the DLL and toss it there).
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:47 am

[quote name='Heinermann' date='03 August 2012 - 09:47 PM' timestamp='1344048448' post='11033']
It seems like install.exe is a 64-bit app which won't work on 32-bit systems.

Did you compile ExampleAIModule and put it in the correct folder? BWAPI.dll and BWAPId.dll should be in the Chaoslauncher folder, not the Starcraft folder. There should be a folder called "bwapi-data" in your Starcraft folder.
It will be like so: "C:Program FilesStarcraftbwapi-dataAIExampleAIModule.dll" (you must compile the DLL and toss it there).
[/quote]

Yes everything is there.

Here's a picture:

Return to “BWAPI (wrappers in other languages / questions and announcements related to BWAPI itself)”