BWAPI bot matches 24 / 7

Anything related on how to build / improve your AI using BWAPI, BWTA, BWSAL, etc.
Heinermann

Postby Heinermann » Wed May 16, 2012 2:19 am

I didn't know this /nogui command, that's nice. Ok for BWAPi 4, when I will integrate it to AIUR, I would take this opportunity to deeply improve the code. At the moment, there are some really ugly parts. :-/

There are still more new features being added in BWAPI4 such as filter function composition. Instead of getting the set of units and applying a filter to iterate each element and create a new set, a filter function can be composed and only applied to the initial creation of the set (so that several copies of the set are not made). Additionally, BWAPI4 sets will support the move constructor(A C++11 feature that works in VS2010), which also allows you to create a local variable for the set without making a copy of it.

So I would suggest to hold off porting for now.

I do not set any specific command optimization level, should I? I though it has an impact to make replays, not for the game itself.

Using command optimization is currently not compatible with latency compensation, so if you decide to use it make sure your bot can play with latency compensation disabled.

The command optimization level is used to reduce a bot's actions by grouping them. So a high command optimization could significantly reduce your bot's APM depending on the actions.

For example, if you told 4 SCVs to repair a command center, the bot would use 8 actions (select SCV1, repair target command center, select SCV2,...). With command optimization level 1, it will only use 2 actions (select all SCVs, right click command center). It will also attempt to use alternative actions (like right click) that can perform the same behaviour while using less data (so if 10000 repair actions were made, it would save about 9.8 KB in uncompressed command data).

Command optimization up to level 2 should have no behaviour difference.
Level 1 will group units together that use the same command (burrow and attack target etc).
Level 2 will group buildings and perform action shortcuts otherwise impossible, this causes it to be detected as a hack by bwchart and other programs. (such as selecting three barracks at once and training a marine)
Level 3 might cause some behaviour changes by grouping units that are targeting the same position on terrain. (like attack move to a location).
Level 4 will make positions fuzzier by making them multiples of 32 so that it can attempt to group them. It will also select all templars that are using the summon archon command which means the templar may not merge with the one you specified. (so if you order 8 templar to merge, the same 8 templar will merge into archons, but they will merge with the templar that are closest instead of the ones specified).
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Today the ISP changed my static IP address without notification...
The new ladder address is: http://bots-stats.krasi0.com
heavy_metal

Postby heavy_metal » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:57 am

On the bot ladder why does Xelnaga have such a high ELO? It is ranked #4 despite a 50% overall win rate and poor win/loss ratios against the top 2.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:02 am

[quote name='heavy_metal' date='29 September 2012 - 05:57 AM' timestamp='1348887471' post='11173']
On the bot ladder why does Xelnaga have such a high ELO? It is ranked #4 despite a 50% overall win rate and poor win/loss ratios against the top 2.
[/quote]
I think it's because of the impressive result against the third one (12 / 3) which has higher rating than Xelnaga. Also it has played too few games compared to the others so maybe its ELO hasn't converged yet.
Anyway I am willing to give out a DB dump to anyone who wishes to verify the calculations independently.
abcdefg

Postby abcdefg » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:39 pm

What bot is this KillerBot_2 coming out of nowhere with 85 percent wins and highest ELO as zerg. Is the DLL for this bot around to download? I noticed a few of the replays of it I tried to watch crash with win32 errors so they are corrupted somehow. The marian_devecka bot from scai site has pretty high win percent maybe it could join this ladder if that author wants.
Its nice to see a few good zerg bots maybe challenge the top protoss bots. Hopefully someday we will see bots play full games using all the units right now critical units like say defilers are not even used late game against terran. Though I will admit intelligently using dark swarms might not be easy to do.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:08 pm

This is exactly marian devecka's Z bot. It has some good muta + zergling rush tactic. You can use replay tool from BWAPI to fix the reps
[quote name='abcdefg' date='24 October 2012 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1351031983' post='11210']
What bot is this KillerBot_2 coming out of nowhere with 85 percent wins and highest ELO as zerg. Is the DLL for this bot around to download? I noticed a few of the replays of it I tried to watch crash with win32 errors so they are corrupted somehow. The marian_devecka bot from scai site has pretty high win percent maybe it could join this ladder if that author wants.
Its nice to see a few good zerg bots maybe challenge the top protoss bots. Hopefully someday we will see bots play full games using all the units right now critical units like say defilers are not even used late game against terran. Though I will admit intelligently using dark swarms might not be easy to do.
[/quote]
abcdefg

Postby abcdefg » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:58 pm

[quote name='krasi0' date='25 October 2012 - 08:08 AM' timestamp='1351181323' post='11211']
This is exactly marian devecka's Z bot. It has some good muta + zergling rush tactic. You can use replay tool from BWAPI to fix the reps
[quote name='abcdefg' date='24 October 2012 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1351031983' post='11210']
[/quote]
[/quote]

I actually asked him for the DLL from the scai website for this bot and he sent me it. The problem though is the zerglings get stuck and it had some kind of pathing issues the build he sent me on standard iccup maps. Is there a way you can get his permission to upload the version of the DLL we see in these replays? If he made a new version it would be nice to not have to bother him for it but get it from here.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Come at the IRC chan #BWAPI @ FreeNode and we'll send it to you.
BTW did the replay tool work for you (fixing the broken reps)?
[quote name='abcdefg' date='26 October 2012 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1351202324' post='11212']
I actually asked him for the DLL from the scai website for this bot and he sent me it. The problem though is the zerglings get stuck and it had some kind of pathing issues the build he sent me on standard iccup maps. Is there a way you can get his permission to upload the version of the DLL we see in these replays? If he made a new version it would be nice to not have to bother him for it but get it from here.
[/quote]
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:14 am

abcdefg, you sometimes need to stick in the IRC chan a little longer before anyone replies. :) The other option is to PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you the bot.
abcdefg

Postby abcdefg » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:09 pm

I know easier said then done, but killerbot would be a lot better then it is if it simply had the micro from the overmind bot for its mutalisks. It seems some units like mutalisks or dragoons could have the same micro in every bot it never really changes so why have each bot reinvent that? Killerbot does not micro its mutalisks and just with basic ling/mutalisk its still a very strong bot just by executing well and good scouting. Better mutalisk micro and maybe when it sees the enemy force move out it could dynamically figure out how many sunkens to throw down to stop it with lings while it gets to mutas.
Oh yeah and good job on your bot krasi is the best terran bot and is pretty good. Terran is probably the hardest race for a bot to play just because good engagements and positioning is the way to win games.

Return to “AI development (BWAPI Bots)”