BWAPI bot matches 24 / 7

Anything related on how to build / improve your AI using BWAPI, BWTA, BWSAL, etc.
krasi0

BWAPI bot matches 24 / 7

Postby krasi0 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:43 am

Hello,
I wanted to announce what I am currently working on - bwapi bot matches automation running non stop on one of my servers. Supports the newest C++ and Java bots.
The current (NEW) address to view is: http://bots-stats.krasi0.com/
New features:
1) live streaming of bots while playing - one channel running from time to time
2) better GUI of stats
3) Added Bot vs Race ELO ratings and ELO rating graph
4) DL of replays (now incl. Overmind & Chronos replays). If instead of a link the DL replay field shows 'Err', this means the replay is somewhere in the replay archives. Check here: http://bots-stats.krasi0.com/replayLinks.html
5) Automatic screen following of game action (e.g. one of the bots attacking the other) while live streaming.
6) Bot IO support according to AIIDE format. A bot always sees the opponent named as "BotXYZ" but has access to all data it has previously logged vs that opponent in the read dir.

Pending are
1) adding support for matches between a BWAPI bot and a BWAI script
2) More bots playing at the same time (currently it's a single match between 2 bots at one moment) - DONE. Increased to 4-5 VM pairs. Planning to add even more

* Links to replays: http://bots-stats.krasi0.com/replayLinks.html . Broken replays can be fixed using Replay Tool . If Broodwar says the replay is invalid, shorten its name and try to load it again.

If you have any comments, suggestions, complaints (incl. by bot authors who don't want to see their bots on stats list), etc., either reply in this topic, contact me at the encoded e-mail in the URL given or send me a private message here.

Implemented by krasi0 bot's author and Nova bot's author - Alberto Uriarte
Last edited by krasi0 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: new features
Heinermann

Postby Heinermann » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Will do everything possibly at the beginning of the weekend.

EDIT: Could you make it upload the exception logs after a crash occurs? (then delete the file so that it doesn't append another crash to it)
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:20 pm

[quote name='Heinermann' date='12 January 2012 - 09:16 PM' timestamp='1326395762' post='10586']
Will do everything possibly at the beginning of the weekend.

EDIT: Could you make it upload the exception logs after a crash occurs? (then delete the file so that it doesn't append another crash to it)
[/quote]
I guess I could but I doubt the crashes are caused by BWAPI. This version is pretty stable. It'd rather be the bot code.
Heinermann

Postby Heinermann » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:39 pm

Yes but if the bot has a pdb symbol file available then BWAPI's exception handler will print the function, file, and line numbers that the exception occured, which is more helpful than a general exception handler.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:59 pm

Updates:
1) added support for bots using proxybot (at least tested with EISBot from AIIDE 2011). Only bots compiled against bwapi 3769+ for now (because of automenu).
2) Added 2 bots from BWAPI Winter 2012 competition.
3) Some GUI improvements
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:39 am

[quote name='bajadulce' date='15 January 2012 - 10:26 AM' timestamp='1326615964' post='10608']
Wow, that's a lot of games so far and some impressive stats.

5) DL of replays. Currently not all replays are saved correctly due to my hacky way of running / stopping SC Broodwar, crashing bots, etc.
This will be huge. The streaming is probably great, but some recorded replays will be icing on the cake.

Gluck and gjob on all your success.
[/quote]
Yeah, I know everybody is impatient for replays. I have to figure out a good way of transferring the replays from the windows VM where a bot runs to the linux web server where the central management occurs and statistics are stored. If I do it as a batch job, matching a replay against a certain match is kinda tricky, due to clocks being out of sync, rep names only displaying races, etc. I will figure it out eventually. :)
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:33 pm

Added support for the java bots from AIIDE 2011: Eisbot, ItayUndermind and Undermind which totals to all bots from AIIDE 2011.
I am still working to get support for Overmind from 2010 but the version of BWAPI it uses doesn't have automenu so I need to hack in an ahk script or smth.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Implemented two ideas suggested by Alberto (Nova bot author):
1) bot crashes to `bot to bot cross-table` to determine which bot crashes which one. For example the flying eng bay that scouts the enemy base crashes UAlberta bot almost every game...
2) `bots to maps cross-table` to check on which map each of the bots performs best / worst.
Kae

Postby Kae » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:46 am

This is HUGE! Thank you so much krasi0 for your work! When you will set up the replay downloading system, it would open such research oppotunities for our bots...

That makes me very motivated to upgrade Aiur ASAP. When I would have something not too bad, how can I upload my new bot? Should I send it to you?

Cheers,
Flo / Kae

Return to “AI development (BWAPI Bots)”