Auto Host on ICCup

Anything related on how to build / improve your AI using BWAPI, BWTA, BWSAL, etc.
Laccolith

Auto Host on ICCup

Postby Laccolith » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:52 pm

I've made a simple java program that though simulating key and mouse presses will create and start lobbies on ICCup. It features random map selection, waiting for the opponent to join and download the map and can post a message when the opponent joins the lobby and when the program starts the game.

Binary and source available here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40551/autoICCup.zip

Setup instructions are in the readme and make sure you change the properties file before using. Note that once the program is running it wont exit until it has gone through the process to start the lobby so its advisable to not interrupt the process or change to anouther window.

Thanks to Ben Weber for explaining how he achieved this for EISBot.
malanga

Postby malanga » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:25 am

That's really cool. it sounds as though EISBot is already running on ICCup? Any particular time or is something that is running 24/7? Is there a dedicated game name too? Probably all of this is answered if I just log on lol. I might have to dig up old ICCup account and software just to try this out!

List of bots using this?
Laccolith

Postby Laccolith » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:30 am

Yea, EISBot is running on ICCup, I played against it the other day, I think it names its games EISBot. Not sure of any other bots that running at the moment, I'll hopefully have mine running soon once I fix a few bugs.
Laccolith

Postby Laccolith » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:06 pm

I've got my bot running on ICCup now, It's still buggy and incomplete but should play some nice games so feel free to play it. It creates a lobby called Skynet.

This is the username its running under: Skynet_bt

I'll update this if I have to take it down:

Return to “AI development (BWAPI Bots)”