sscai winner predictions

Anything related on how to build / improve your AI using BWAPI, BWTA, BWSAL, etc.
abcdefg

sscai winner predictions

Postby abcdefg » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:12 pm

What bot will take the SSCAI tournament and why? I think killer bot playing zerg is pretty strong, but a few of the new bots might have a chance because killer bot seems kind of vulnerable in early game since its always the same build order.
I would like to see SSCAI get all the author's permissions to allow the DLL or files to be put up for download or some way for people to play them easily might bring more attention. Maybe post about the tournament on teamliquid.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:34 am

I'd bet my money on KillerBot, too.
abcdefg

Postby abcdefg » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:45 pm

Actually I think killer bot is non competitive so it can not win prize money. If there is one criticism I have against a lot of bots such as killer bot is that they generally always open the same build against a certain race but that makes them vulnerable because they are predictable. Here is replay where I bunker rush killer bot and it seems confused what to do. Killer bot is very good though so its a very small criticism where it could improve.
It needs a planner that adapts the build after the hatch is destroyed like a pro player might just make a second hatch somewhere else or in their own base and pool zerglings to bust out.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:04 am

[quote name='abcdefg' date='08 December 2012 - 04:45 PM' timestamp='1355006750' post='11286']
Actually I think killer bot is non competitive so it can not win prize money. If there is one criticism I have against a lot of bots such as killer bot is that they generally always open the same build against a certain race but that makes them vulnerable because they are predictable. Here is replay where I bunker rush killer bot and it seems confused what to do. Killer bot is very good though so its a very small criticism where it could improve.
It needs a planner that adapts the build after the hatch is destroyed like a pro player might just make a second hatch somewhere else or in their own base and pool zerglings to bust out.
[/quote]

To be honest I'm guessing most AIs are focusing on getting fundamentals worked out rather than developing what would seem like a simple strategy.
abcdefg

Postby abcdefg » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:57 am

Yeah that is probably true. I think it will be cool when the day comes that a bot correctly uses all the units for the race at the right time like say a protoss makes a dark archon to maelstrom a big muta flock and then storms them with nearby high templar and things like that. Still a long ways away from cool plays like that though in unscripted AI.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:00 am

abcdefg, right now you have the chance to script a Terran bot (up to some degree) and come up with more inventive strategies and counters with no programming skills required. :)
Frodo Baggins

Postby Frodo Baggins » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:59 am

Thank you krasi0 for the invite code~
I also vote to KillBot
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:46 pm

KillerBot is noncompetitive but your bot performs well.
Frodo Baggins

Postby Frodo Baggins » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:03 pm

my bot is also noncompetitive :(

Return to “AI development (BWAPI Bots)”