A batch replay parser in a hunt for "interesting" ga

Anything related on how to build / improve your AI using BWAPI, BWTA, BWSAL, etc.
krasi0

A batch replay parser in a hunt for "interesting" ga

Postby krasi0 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:28 am

Because it's obvious that it's humanly impossible to watch all the replays from let's say AIIDE 2012 and pick out only the games where something unusual / interesting happens, I am thinking that we need some kind of a replay parser that would do this for us. I know there are such parsers for data mining purposes. Well, this shouldn't be a lot different.
Some ideas one could work on:
1) monitor supply used by both sides and if it stays close most of the game time or maybe alternates by some margin a few times during a game
2) look for patterns that haven't occurred in any other game so far or occurr very rarely
3) ... anything else you think about...?
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:31 am

by Dave:
"something easy would be to check to see if equal size armies are in a given radius. that would show games with interesting battles" I'll add where size >= some threshold
Kae

Postby Kae » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:01 pm

[quote name='krasi0' date='02 September 2012 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1346578273' post='11086']
by Dave:
"something easy would be to check to see if equal size armies are in a given radius. that would show games with interesting battles" I'll add where size >= some threshold
[/quote]

One can check these using Gabriel's bwrepdump: http://snippyhollow.github.com/bwrepdump/ At least, it should be not so difficult to check supplies.

Return to “AI development (BWAPI Bots)”